Analyzing Information About Mission and Values
This worksheet was created by The Denver Foundation's Inclusiveness Project (http://www.nonprofitinclusiveness.org/) to support organizations doing inclusiveness work.
- Refer to Compiling Results; Compiling Other Information; Compiling Likert Scale Data; Compiling Narrative Data.
- Select and review the information that pertains to mission and organizational values.
- Answer the questions below.
In what ways are your organization's mission and values statements more inclusive than other organizations in your field?
In what ways are your organization's mission and values statements less inclusive than other organizations in your field?
What best practices from the field regarding mission and values are applicable to this particular category?
Did you notice anything else regarding your mission and values statements from the results of the existing data scan?
What salient themes regarding your organization's mission and values statements were identified by a majority of your stakeholders?
What stories or strongly held beliefs regarding your organization's mission and values statements were identified by stakeholders?
Are there any significant inconsistencies in perspectives among groups of stakeholders regarding your organization's mission and values statements?
What trends can you identify regarding your organization's mission and values statements based on the perspectives of your stakeholders?
Did you notice anything else regarding the stakeholder perspectives in this category?
Is there any additional information regarding mission and values statements that currently isn't available that you would like to collect in the future? ____ yes ____ no
If YES, what additional information would be helpful?
Name of Organization __________________________________________
Date Exercise Completed _________
- Step 1: Creating Structure
- Step 2: Consultants/Training
- Step 3: Making the Case
- Step 4: Gathering Info
- Step 5: Creating a Blueprint
- What is a Blueprint?
- Using Your Data
- Mission and Values
- Board of Directors
- Organizational Culture
- Marketing and Community Relations
- Programs and Constituents
- Fundraising and Membership
- Writing Your Blueprint
- Finalizing Your Blueprint
- Approving Your Blueprint
- Step 6: Implementing the Blueprint
- Sample Documents
- Next Steps for Your Organization