Analyzing Information: Organizational Culture
This worksheet was created by The Denver Foundation's Inclusiveness Project (http://www.nonprofitinclusiveness.org/) to support organizations doing inclusiveness work.
- Refer to Compiling Results; Compiling Other Information; Compiling Likert Scale Data; Compiling Narrative Data.
- Select and review the information that pertains to organizational culture.
- Answer the questions below.
List those best practices from the field regarding organizational culture that might be useful to your organization.
Can you identify any trends regarding your organization's organizational culture based on the available facts?
Is there any additional information regarding your organizational culture that currently isn't available that would be helpful for your inclusiveness work that you would like to collect as a part of the inclusiveness process in the future?
Did you notice anything else regarding organizational culture within the available facts?
Are there any salient themes about organizational culture that were identified by a majority of your stakeholders?
Are there any stories or strongly held beliefs regarding your organizational culture that were identified by stakeholders?
Are there any significant inconsistencies in perspectives regarding your organizational culture among groups of stakeholders?
Can you identify any trends regarding your organizational culture based on the perspectives of your stakeholders?
Did you notice anything else regarding organizational culture?
Is there any additional information regarding organizational culture that currently isn't available that you would like to collect in the future? ____ yes ____ no
If YES, what information would be helpful?
Name of Organization __________________________________________
Date Exercise Completed _________
- Step 1: Creating Structure
- Step 2: Consultants/Training
- Step 3: Making the Case
- Step 4: Gathering Info
- Step 5: Creating a Blueprint
- What is a Blueprint?
- Using Your Data
- Mission and Values
- Board of Directors
- Organizational Culture
- Marketing and Community Relations
- Programs and Constituents
- Fundraising and Membership
- Writing Your Blueprint
- Finalizing Your Blueprint
- Approving Your Blueprint
- Step 6: Implementing the Blueprint
- Sample Documents
- Next Steps for Your Organization